- Accept those things that you cannot change. Identify the upsetting or stressful things in your life that you can not influence and change. Recognise that there is no point in worrying about things that you can not change. Understanding this can help reduce disappointment and bitterness when things do not turn out the way we were hoping.
- Take a positive outlook on life. Learn from your mistakes, but always focus on the positives in life. A positive attitude attracts a positive energy, allowing you to be better prepared for life's challenges and stresses. Try and change negative thoughts in positives.
- Use a problem solving approach to develop strategies to deal with issues and stresses in your life.
- Develop both short-term and long-term realistic goals to focus your life. Goals, aspirations and priorities help to increase energy and motivation. Remember that depression is an illness that can not be just snapped out of - set realistic and achievable goals and reward yourself often.
- Assess your priorities and the balance between your professional, family and social life. Make sure that you develop goals that are aligned with your desired life balance and that the things in you life that give you too much negative emotion do not dominate everyday life.
- Try to keep things in perspective and don't put to much pressure on your self to succeed. Ambition is a fantastic motivator, however we all have bad days and something things don't turn out how we expected. Keeping your priorities in perspective can help to reduce stress, pressure and negative emotion.
Dont wait, take the Online Depression Anxiety and Stress Test Now!TAKE THE TEST